Feeling like your body doesn’t fit the norm is something most people feel. But hey, we’re all different. That’s what makes us special.
If you have a petite bust, you wish it was bigger. But on the other hand, if you had a big bust, you’d likely wish it were smaller. It's helpful to accept what we were given and learn to love our bodies no matter what.
You can choose to either celebrate the aesthetic of a petite bust or choose to add volume. Whichever you pick, we’ve got some great suggestions to help you.
If you want to highlight your petite bust
To celebrate the minimal aesthetic of a small chest, pick swimsuits with minimal or no padding. Bathing suits with removable pads are a great choice too. As well, swimsuits without structure such as basic triangle top or simple bralette style are good for showcasing a small bust.
Brands such as Frankies Bikinis, PQ Swim, Beach Riot, Agua Bendita, Beach Bunny, Mapale, Peixoto, and Seafolly have amazing options to suit your needs.
Here are our top 3:
If you choose to add volume to a small chest
1. A banded bottom or extra fabric along the under bust adds volume and visual interest creating the appearance of a fuller bust. An added benefit is that it can minimize the look of a long torso.
2. Padded or push up styles simulate a good push up bra and many come with removable pads if you prefer a less pushed up look occasionally.
3. Structure such as underwire and moulded cups work to give the chest shape and provide some lift and volume for a small chest.
4. Ruffles or additional fabric around the chest like a fringe increase the volume to create the illusion of a bigger bust.
5. Patterned fabric and details such as beadwork, lace or other embellishments along the bust can also help to make the chest appear more voluminous.
6. A swimsuit with a high neck can also be used to disguise the look of a small chest.
7. Black can make a body part recede. So when dressing for a petite bust, consider using colors other than black around the chest. Mix and match a colourful top with black bottoms. This makes the chest appear more prominent than the bottom half of your body
2. Combine some of the styles above for a knockout combination. For example, structured cups with ruffle shoulder and a bold print is a great combo for a small chest.
Follow these style tips to get the most out of a swimsuit for a small chest. Above all else, choose a style that you'll feel confident and beautiful in.
If you're looking for more tailored style advice, get in touch with our style consultant for free. She can put together a curated selection of swimsuit options created specifically for you.